例：Some companies provide important products or service, but also damage environment. Some people believe that government should require more penalty, higher tax and larger fine of these companies, while others believe there are better ways. Which do you prefer?
而9月1日的托福写作独立题：Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than it was in the past.有关生活类话题的考察，也是重复了2017年8月26日的托福考试独立写作题目。
这里我们特别重点关注一下9月21日的托福考试独立写作题目，Should spend money to build a garden for everyone in the town or a sports field for a high school?这个政府类话题分别在重复2013.12.20/ 2012.9.8/ 2011.3.11的托福考试中出现了3次，所以我们也不难发现，托福独立写作题目也会不断的出现旧题，这更加体现出了考前刷机经的重要性。
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
The use of devices that can be connected to the internet, like computers, phones and ipads, should be prohibited from the classroom.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
2. People are busy in work or school. They want to spend time on learning new things. Which one will you choose to learn?
a) Learn a sport that you have never played before.
b) Learn to cook food that you haven’t prepared before.
c) Learn to make something by hand, such as clothing or jewelry.
3. Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their children do their homework independently.
4. Some young people are free in the evenings or have days off at school, which way can bring them the most benefit?
a) To accumulate work experience by a part-time job or volunteering in a community
b) Learning to play a sport
c) Learning to play a musical instrument
5. Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. Do you agree with this view? Why or why not?
6. Which way do you think is the most effective way for a school to reduce the phenomenon of cheating on exams?
a) to increase punishment for cheating
b) to ask parents to monitor their children
c) to ask teachers to create other exam situations in which students can hardly cheat
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
The most important ways to improve the people’s health is to clean the environment.
8. Do you agree or disagree the following statement: The more money a person has, the more should he or she give away to charities.
9. High school graduates usually have two months’ break before they go to college or university. The high school now requires all the graduates to do one of the following to take full advantage of this break.
a) Students need to attend classes to complete university-level courses that have direct connection to their majors of study.
b) Students need to join a team led by their teacher to visit museums or historical sites and write a paper about it.
Which one do you think is more beneficial for students? Why?
10. If your friend want to reduce living expenses, what would you suggest
a) share rent with roommate
b) less frequency to buy smart phones
c) buy less expensive food and cook at home.